Who is responsible for the personal information collected by SES?
SES S.A. ("SES"), a company registered under Luxembourg law (Luxembourg company register number B 81267) and located at Château de Betzdorf, L-6815 Betzdorf, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Information collection and use
We may collect, use, store and transfer different personal information about you such as your identification details (name, job titles, signatures, etc.), your contact details (telephone number, email address, etc.), your profile data, IP address data and any other information that may be provided to us.
SES may collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to inquiries submitted by you
- to process orders or applications submitted by you
- to allow you to access specific account information (i.e., company Extranet or other customer portal(s))
- to create and improve our products or services
- for market research and tracking of sales data
- to inform you about our products and services
- for managing our business relationship
- to meet our compliance and regulatory duties and legal requirements
- to give the information to our SES affiliates and SES Partners, which may be located outside the EEA to enable them to send you information which may be of interest to you.
As part of our ongoing business relationship with you, we may share your data with third parties, including different entities within the SES group, SES’ Partners who are part of our Partner Programme and our trusted service providers. Where we share your personal data with a party providing services for us, we require those third parties to respect the security of your personal data. Personal information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA; however, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be adequately protected in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations.
If at any time you wish us to stop using your personal information for any or all of the aforementioned purposes, please let us know by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. We will cease the use of your information for such purposes as soon as it is reasonably and legally possible to do so.
The legal bases on which we collect, process, and store your data can include:
- legitimate interest (for example, for maintaining our business relationship)
- for compliance with regulatory and legal obligations.
Your rights attached to your personal data
Under applicable data protection laws, notably the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
To exercise these rights, please contact [email protected].
All data related information shall not be held for longer than necessary with regard to the purpose of the data processing, observing the legal periods of limitation.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented technology and policies with the objective of protecting your privacy from unauthorized access and improper use and will update these measures as new technology becomes available.
SES does not knowingly collect personal information of children. If we become aware that we have collected the personal information of a child, we will immediately take steps to delete that information from our systems.
Changes and updates
SES Group Data Protection Officer
Château de Betzdorf
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
General Use of This Website
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. This site only collects the IP addresses of visitors. This information is aggregated and used to measure:
- the number of visits to the site
- the average time spent on the site
- the pages viewed
- other site usage analytics.
SES uses this data to improve the content and functionality of our website. You cannot be identified from this information only, and it is used for the sole purpose of improving service on this website.
Interactive Use of the Website
There are some usages of this website that may require you to share identifying information with SES or a third party. On those occasions where you do provide this information and consent to our use of your personal information, such as via our Live Chat application or by using a contact form, we will only collect and use that personal information (e.g. name, address, telephone number and email) in order to:
- respond to inquiries submitted by you
- process orders or applications submitted by you
- allow you to access specific account information (i.e. company Extranet or other customer portal(s))
- create and improve our products or services.
Use of your personal information submitted to other sites
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if:
- you accessed the third-party site using links from our site; or
- you linked to our site from a third-party site.
We store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we ask for your permission when you visit our site.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Necessary. Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Performance. Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. They are used for performance measurement and improvement.
- Marketing. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
Changing your cookie settings
In general, you can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see https://allaboutcookies.org/. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a website and some services and functionalities may not work.
If you wish to change cookie settings for our website, you can do this here at any time.