Meanwhile, the widespread adoption of mobile devices means that audiences are no longer satisfied with consuming video at home – they want access to high-quality video content wherever and whenever, on any device. In 2018, approximately 78.4%1 of digital video views are expected to come from mobile phones users.
SES is the world’s leading satellite operator, providing innovative technology and end-to-end, tailored video solutions that can empower you to redefine your DTH and pay-TV business.
Video-on-demand has changed the way content is consumed, with consumers now demanding a comprehensive library of video content that they can watch anytime, anywhere, and on multiple devices.
With VoD Everywhere, DTH operators can offer consumers linear TV with VoD features. Better yet, VoD Everywhere excels against OTT VoD offerings, as DTH distribution means that consumers never encounter issues with latency, buffering or drop-outs. Because VoD Everywhere is powered by SES’s satellites, the service lives up to its name by reaching consumers living in rural and underserved areas with poor network coverage. Best of all, consumers can now watch their favourite content on up to 5 devices with VoD Everywhere’s Wi-Fi-enabled set-top box.
- Linear TV with VoD Features: Catch-up capability, live event broadcasting, start-over functionality and a multiscreen experience.
- Guaranteed Quality of Service (QoS): DTH distribution offers zero latency, buffering and drop-outs.
- Expand Your Reach: SES’s satellites reach rural and underserved areas.
- Quality VoD Programming: Keep consumers interested with a constantly-refreshed library of video content.
- Low Risk: Low capital expenditure and variable pricing options available.
- Multiple Devices: Consume content on up to 5 devices with Wi-Fi capability on the set-top box.