Programmes and Operations
You will benefit from:
- A shorter, smoother design and implementation process
- Coordinated rights at orbital slots for shared risk and lower overall cost
- Consultancy services and team training
Providing quicker and easier access to space
Building and launching a dedicated satellite is a long and costly procedure. Rather than investing in the construction of a spacecraft, customers can choose to add dedicated payloads to an upcoming commercial satellite scheduled for launch. This provides easier access to space, ensuring applications or platforms get online more quickly and in a more cost-effective manner.
Customers will benefit from:
- An ambitious launch programme as the SES fleet continues development
- Quicker and more affordable access to space
- A proven track record of technical excellence
As the SES fleet includes satellites from major manufacturers, we are able to integrate additional satellites into our operations from selected partners at competitive pricing. For these operations, facilities in Betzdorf, Luxembourg and Princeton, USA are used as primary and backup control sites.
Key benefits are:
- Cost-effective and reliable satellite operations
- Track record of 25+ years of continuous spacecraft operations
- Experience of controlling busses from major satellite manufacturers (LMCSS, Boeing, SSl/Loral, Orbital Sciences, Airbus and Thales Alenia)
- Operations reporting with high visibility
Our satellites also provide a home for the payload for the commercially hosted infrared payload (CHIRP) flight demonstration programme for the US government. CHIRP is testing a new type of infrared sensor from geosynchronous orbit to demonstrate how the government can use commercial satellites to improve the process of testing space-based technologies. The sensor was integrated onto SES-2, which launched in September 2011, and has accomplished 85% of the Air Force’s original programme objectives at less than 15% of the cost of building and launching their own satellite. This proves that hosted payloads can be a faster and more cost-effective method to get satellite-enabled applications online.
For more information or for a quote, please contact usTalk to us