Bringing Your Content from Anywhere to Everywhere
When it comes to bringing your content to new audiences around the world, it’s important that it arrives at the right place and the right time. Satellites are ideal for transmitting content to cable and terrestrial networks on every continent. At SES, we provide the lease of dedicated space segment services for your content distribution. Our satellites are the main distributor of cable programming, with neighbourhoods that reach almost every cable household, in Europe and the US, bringing the world’s most informative and entertaining programming to your audiences.
You will benefit from:
- Reaching 100% of the network head-ends in the covered regions (both cable and terrestrial)
- Prime video content neighbourhood on DTH orbital slots
- The ability to transmit high-bandwidth content, such as HD and Ultra HD
- Optimised link for distribution
- Extremely reliable service from ground to satellite, with three levels of back-up
Whether you’re uplinking your content to our satellites from your own broadcast centre or from our teleports, we use MPEG-4 DVB-S2 and HEVC technologies so you can be sure of a smooth transition to HD when you’re ready.
With cable distribution, our satellites feed media content to cable head-ends, or integrated together with DTH. As the satellite feed is made available, it can be dimensioned to make the best possible use of the satellite capacity, often achieving a higher throughput than is achieved with DTH.
Our Network Offloading video distribution solution – made possible by SES and MX1 – enables media businesses to deliver rich media content to regional and local network operators. It facilitates the delivery of online linear and on-demand video services to “under-served” IP networks, while relieving existing networks from additional video load. This service component is an important building block, and uses our video distribution–optimized satellite network to “offload” video content for playout with a regional internet service provider. From there, the video packages are delivered to consumer devices through the operator’s managed and IP-based network. This modular component can also be integrated into our end-to-end Online Video Platform (OVP) to deliver a state-of-the-art, more ‘classic’ linear, whilst also serving the more ‘modern’ on-demand experience across multiple end-consumer devices.
You will benefit from:
- Efficient delivery solution using satellite for feeding your network with a video content offering like SVoD or Triple Play Packages
- Managed, remotely configurable solution from Ingest to Video Hosting
- Low upfront invest and simple OPEX (risk-share) model for straightforward integration into your business case
- Can be easily extended to full end-to-end solution by adding SES OVP client components
For more information or for a quote, please contact us.Talk to us