Enriching Video Experiences with SES-12
Viewers expect an immersive video experience—anywhere, anytime and on any device. Pay-TV operators and broadcasters have to adapt to rising expectations from consumers, competition from existing and emerging players, and Over-The-Top content providers.
Delivering the experience viewers are looking for requires you to capture emerging opportunities in the evolving video ecosystem. This is enabled by reliable, scalable infrastructure that goes the distance.
SES empowers you to redefine your broadcasting and pay-TV business with its unique combination of satellite infrastructure, video solutions and services, to serve the complete video value chain. We bring to bear a wealth of experience to your innovation journey as a result of our long track record in the satellite communications industry.
The SES-12 Starter Kit, which comprises a Fact Sheet and an Infographic, explains how the satellite empowers innovative video offerings on a reliable, scalable infrastructure.
This guide will aid in tailoring a strategy for your Direct-To-Home platform and business. Find out how to develop one that meet your business needs.
TO THE WORLD
Our comprehensive global network consists of more than 50 satellites in Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO), 12 satellites in Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) and expansive ground infrastructure.
A truly global
Reaching some of
the world’s remotest
video to viewers’
The satellite partner
of choice for
The year 2018 heralds video experiences of an immersive kind for Asia-Pacific because of SES-12, the latest satellite to join the regional fleet. How will the satellite make a difference to your business? Its unique wide- and spot-beam capabilities enable pay-TV operators to innovate by enhancing video experiences and supporting more comprehensive connectivity packages.
SES-12 enriches video experiences
- Expand your channel reach with wide beam coverage while delivering culture- and language-specific video content to cities and regions via spot beams
- Support on-demand platforms for time- and location-shifted video content to complement or augment existing revenue streams
- Reach 18 million TV homes in Asia-Pacific, in combination with SES-8, from its prime video position at 95°E
- Extend your area of coverage to Europe, Russia and the CIS, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, Asia-Pacific, the Pacific Ocean Region and Indian Ocean Region
The unique wide- and spot-beam capabilities of SES-12
deliver enhanced video solutions
SES-12 helps you to enrich video experiences. This is derived from SES's vast implementation and innovation experience, accumulated from broadcasting more than 7,700 TV channels globally.
Pay-TV operators and broadcasters see
SES as a satellite partner of choice
Our global experience, together with local insight, has generated partnerships with more than 40 pay-TV and free-to-air platforms globally and eight Direct-To-Home operators in Asia-Pacific. Our core capabilities are complemented by distinctive SES characteristics.
- A culture of innovation - inspired the launch of a satellite from a recycled rocket
- Experienced implementers of emerging video technology - the first satellite provider to broadcast a commercial Ultra HD channel
As a result, our solutions emerge out of a depth of thought and experience. We tailor solutions that range from ground infrastructure to media services, from one end of the value chain to the other. Our solutions position you to capture today's opportunities, as well as tomorrow's.