Connecting the unconnected and bridging the digital divide in Africa is vital to supporting socio-economic growth on the continent. Satellite connectivity has the advantage of reach across difficult terrain, providing an efficient way of connecting the majority of the 700 million unconnected people in Africa. It maintains the same quality no matter where the customer is located geographically, and doesn’t discriminate between villages and cities. Satellite networks can be rapidly deployed to provide services across an entire region, complementing existing technologies to ensure last-mile connectivity.
Businesses across the region harness the reach and reliability of our fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites to support a wide range of data and mobility applications.
- Our services, skills and support help our existing and potential customers across the continent to:
- Increase access to broadband internet and mobile telecommunications
- Reduce infrastructure investment costs while increasing reach through satellite support of existing technologies
- Support terrestrial capacity to deliver last-mile connectivity
We are a leading satellite company with decades of success delivering satellite-based communications services to the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest media distributor in the world, we combine a strong regional presence with global reach.
We have 10 satellites covering Africa and regional offices in Johannesburg, Accra, Lagos and Addis Ababa. Our local, on-the-ground teams provide satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators, businesses and governmental organisations across the continent.
Our vision in Africa is to help businesses, broadcasters and governments develop the market in their region and meet the continent’s growing demand for bigger and better content and connectivity. We want our customers to grow. We have the knowledge and experience to help grow and develop satellite communication services in Africa.
You will benefit from:
- Local satellite experts in the region, providing close customer support
- A team that combines the resources of the entire SES group
- An ambitious satellite fleet expansion programme
- Proven expertise in video, enterprise and government services
- A strong orientation to customer growth