Today, people aboard ships want to have the same level of connectivity they get on shore, even when they’re beyond the reach of terrestrial networks. Whether it’s a small crew aboard one of the 110,000 merchant vessels at sea, or one of the 6,000 passengers aboard the world’s largest cruise ship, people demand connectivity to keep them safe, informed and engaged with their loved ones, as well entertained with their favourite content and social networks. For merchant shipping companies, increased broadband connectivity at sea increases efficiency, through vessel monitoring and route data updates.
We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams to enable you to offer an always-on broadband service to your customers. We can help you create packages that are more flexible, for example allowing the crew on board to adjust the broadband required according to their location or seasonal needs.
The next generation data network for the maritime industry
Maritime+ is designed to meet the increased demand and changing needs of all sectors of the maritime industry. It combines the strengths of SES’s widebeam coverage, upcoming high-throughput satellites (HTS) and O3b's very high-throughput low-latency solution to offer more flexibility and scalability than any other provider, which leads to more possibilities for your business.
And for those providers looking for a more managed service, we offer a European Ka-band service and a global Ku-band to service commercial vessels, cruise ships and superyachts across the world’s oceans with a truly seamless broadband experience across multiple beams.
You will benefit from:
- Access to high-performance beams across a much wider geographical area
- Global C-, Ka- and Ku-band capacity where and when you need it
- Upcoming HTS capacity that will enable higher data throughputs at a lower cost per bit
- Access to O3b’s very high-throughput (greater than 1Gbps) and low-latency connectivity
- Flexible, future-proof solutions compatible with new antenna designs
- A dedicated team with a focus on enhancing the customer experience through new technologies
- 24/7 network operations centre to ensure high quality of service
Experience the Maritime+ advantage on shipping routes across the globe today.