SES reaches 63 million satellite homes in Europe
SES consolidated the position of its European satellites as the top European fleet for direct-to-home reception. Almost 63 million homes receive services directly via the European SES satellites at year-end 2012.
These homes are served via five orbital positions of the European SES fleet:- 44.4 million satellite homes receive digital programming transmitted via 19.2°E
- 2.9 million satellite homes in BeNeLux as well as in Czech Republic, Slovakia and Bulgaria receive digital signals from 23.5°E
- 12.7 million satellite homes enjoy digital TV and radio channels via 28.2°E
- The satellites at 5.0°E reach a further 5.3 million digital satellite homes
- The newly established position at 31.5°E is already serving 1.7 million home
- A further 65 million homes receive services broadcast from these satellites via cable.
In addition, the European SES satellites feed the vast majority of European IPTV networks serving an additional 16 million homes.
European SES Household Coverage*
* includes homes reached by the former ASTRA satellites at 19.2° E, 23.5° E, 28.2° E , 5.0°E and since YE11 also at 31.5°E
(net reach counting dual-feed only once)
** 18 out of 35 countries updated at YE2012
Source: Satellite Monitor
European SES reach by orbital position Year End 2012
The figures do not add up to the total European SES reach due to homes receiving from more than one of these orbital positions (dual-feed)
Source: Satellite Monitor, Year End 2012