Astra Connect for Communities builds on our service for individual homes by providing internet connectivity to entire communities via a single satellite dish. The budget-friendly solution delivers speeds of up to 25Mb/s to each building, removing the need for a costly fiber connection.
How It Works
With Astra Connect for Communities, our satellite broadband service can be made available to a whole village or town via a single satellite antenna which is installed at a central point in the community, for example, on a street cabinet, a cable television headend or WiFi mast.
The solution is quick to deploy and gives everyone who chooses to subscribe a fast broadband connection for their home. End users do not need to install a satellite dish on their property and can simply connect via a modem provided by the Internet Service Provider. We will adapt the service to suit the specific needs of the community by using either existing last mile infrastructure to deliver the service, or wireless technology.
Key benefits for the community
- 100% coverage and immediate broadband access for the entire community
- Low investment costs
- Quick deployment
- Only one satellite antenna required to connect whole community
Key benefits for the user
- No individual satellite dish needed
- Short installation and service activation time
- Connection speed of up to 25 Mbit/s
- Standard end-user hardware (DSL/ WiFi/ Cable modem)
- Low-cost service packages at competitive market prices