Astra Connect brings high-speed broadband internet via satellite to individuals and businesses. Simple to set up and independent of any terrestrial infrastructure, our cost-efficient broadband solution is available to all customers, wherever they are located.
In today’s digital society, fast and reliable internet access has become essential. More than ever before, social and economic development depend on communications, and a broadband connection, in particular, is vital for individuals and businesses to flourish in the modern World. Nevertheless, there are still many households and regions in Europe where terrestrial infrastructure is underdeveloped or non-existent.
Thanks to Astra Connect, users can now enjoy reliable, secure high-speed internet connectivity – regardless of the surrounding terrestrial infrastructure.
For several years, Astra Connect has been bridging the digital divide to bring innovative satellite broadband access to households and businesses. Astra Connect provides end-users with internet browsing, emailing and Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony immediately via a reliable high-speed satellite network access. The setup is simple, with our Fair Usage Policy ensuring fair access to network resources, and end-users pay a simple flat-rate fee.
- Download speed of up to 20 Mbit/s
- Upload speed of up to 2 Mbit/s
- TCP enhancement for satellite transmission
- Performance optimization through selective content compression and Fair Usage Policy
- Pre-fetching for faster page loading
- AES encryption with X.509 digital certificates
- Tailored SLA definition or dedicated bandwidth pool
- VOIP traffic prioritization
- Support of IPv4 and IPv6
- High-speed broadband connection
- Always-on connectivity for internet and VoIP
- Low-cost end user terminal
- Easy to install and use
- No infrastructure investment required
- Supports large end user populations
- Ideal for Internet access, VoIP, streaming, content management, point of sale, telemetry