The information and communication technology sector is booming thanks to increased demands for connectivity from businesses, governments, and consumers. VSAT deployments in sub-Saharan Africa are growing by 19% year-over-year to meet increased demand for Enterprise and Government programs including e-health, e-government and e-education.
With Africa’s young and growing population you can expect:
- An increase in the demand for data intensive activities such as web browsing, streaming video, and live TV
- A need by Telco operators to build a secure network with redundancy in order to reach non-urban customers
- Oil & Gas companies in need of communications technology as they explore and distribute in remote land territories including offshore deep-water platforms, onshore sites and tankers
By 2023, there will be 980 connected commercial aircraft in the Middle East and Africa
Our 10 satellites covering Africa initially provided pan-African C-band, capacity key to the provision of telecommunications services, backhaul, and internet into land-locked countries and countries not accessible via fibre networks. As new applications demand ever-higher throughputs and better economies of scale, SES differentiates its offer via ongoing investment in high-throughput infrastructures in both geostationary (GEO) and medium Earth orbit (MEO).
Together with O3b, we provide unprecedented access to a ubiquitous, future-proof network that enables high throughputs with low latency. O3b’s constellation of 12 MEO satellites is a differentiated High Throughput Satellite (HTS) product. Its low latency is comparable to the capabilities of fibre networks.
The O3b MEO satellites complement SES’s offer of comprehensive coverage via GEO Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) and HTS. The massive throughput capabilities on our GEO and MEO HTS are unique to SES, and cater to a wide array of applications.
Services in Africa
Whether you’re a government sending supplies to areas isolated by natural disasters, an internet service provider offering passengers broadband internet aboard commercial aircraft, or a shipping company navigating your way around the horn of Africa, SES delivers the satellite capacity, services and customer support you need to grow your business.
- Tap into the SES Global Access Network for greater turnaround options
- Access to a full suite of SES Services to provide comprehensive turnkey solutions where needed
- Access to world-class engineering expertise
- Tailored solutions to fit your specific requirements
- Swift response & 24/7 technical support
Learn more about SES’ data solutions in Africa.