ASTRA 2E lift-off
30 September, 2013 marks the successful launch of the ASTRA 2E satellite. Located at the 28.2/ 28.5° East orbital arc, this satellite offers:
- Direct intra-regional connectivity in the Middle East; capable of cross-strapping between EU/ME
- Serves VSAT, broadband and broadcast services across Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Brings prime capacity over the Middle East to include full coverage of the entire Arabian peninsula and Afghanistan
- Ideal for domestic and Pan Arabian VSAT networks, government and broadband applications
Click here to watch the successful launch of ASTRA 2E!
The first SES satellite to feature dedicated mobility beams, SES-6 covers the North Atlantic trade routes and it is now in full operational mode.
- Replaces NSS-806
- Located in the 40.5° W orbital position
- Expanded Ku-band payload supports mobility services, VSAT services, DTH platforms and government digital inclusion programmes